Student employees at Wall Drug work the peak tourist season, typically April through mid-September. Student employees are expected to exhibit customer service skills and be great team members.
Housing is available for students employed at Wall Drug. Student employment housing consists of 28 dormitories in Wall and costs $35 weekly, all utilities included. Rules and regulations in student housing are similar to college dormitories, and a proctor monitors each dorm. Student housing includes a kitchen area and basic items for comfortable living, though students will need to bring personal items.
The Wall Drug swimming pool and weight room provides daily recreation for seasonal employees. Free Black Hills & Badlands passes are given to employees to explore attractions in the area.
Internet access is provided at no charge in your dorm.
Wall Drug offers several benefits for seasonal student employees including:
- $10.50 per hour, minimum
- Overtime - $15.75 for every hour worked over 40
- Split Shifts - 3-4 hours on duty, 1-4 hours off duty and return for 3-4 hours for a total of 8 hours
- 1 to 2 days off per week - usually the same day each week
- Uniform tops provided - must be washed and returned at end of season
- 25% discount on items except for food, tobacco and sale items
- Job assignment determined by previous work experience
- 28 dorms in Wall
- $35.00 a week with all utilities included
- Internet access is provided in the bank, church, and library. If you have brought your computer, Internet access is provided at no charge in your dorm.
- The regulations observed in the dorms are the same as the ones typically found on college campuses.
- A proctor is selected for each dorm and he/she is responsible for the upkeep of the dorm along with the assistance of the students living there.
- The dormitories are well furnished:
- Kitchens are set up for cooking
- TV, DVD Player
- CD player with radio
All you need to bring along are:
- Alarm clock
- Personal necessities
- Free Black Hills & Badlands passes are given to employees to explore attractions in the area